Thursday, November 7, 2013

Antique Chest of Drawers Makeover

Share it Please
Hey guys! It has been so long since I've blogged about anything, and I have has SO many changes in my life over the last year, but I will have to update you in a different post. This blog is still new, and I have a TON of stuff to still add to it, and it's a bit under construction, so please forgive me. If you're not already a follower of my other blog, I Know the Plans I Have for You, I'd love for you to check out tons of my other projects! I've been getting back into refinishing furniture full time, so I will be sharing lots of projects to come. I've also opened a new Etsy shop, Funkin Junkin, where you can find this little lovely!. Today I want to share with you one of my new favorite pieces....a 1040's chest of drawers.



I stripped the top and stained it with my go to stain, Minwax Dark Walnut. Mahogany is a very hard wood, so it took 3 or 4 coats to get the color I was going for. Then I mixed together 2 Annie Sloan Chalk paint colors, Antibes Green and Louis Blue, to get a beautiful mint-e-ish green. One coat was all it took. After a little distressing, I applied 2 coats of clear wax, and a coat of dark wax as well as dark wax for the the top.






This one was a bit hard to put a tag on, but I know that it will find a very special home :)
Thanks for stopping by!

Linking up to:

No comments:

Post a Comment